Monday, August 11, 2008

Week 8 Tagging

Part of me yearns for the simple days when tagging was something I did on a late summer night when playing a neighborhood game of "Come one, Come all".  And exploring the vastness of Web 2.0 reminds me of gazing up at the endless stars on those same summer nights.   But I am glad to be picking my path among the stars and learning new applications each week. For the past few years,  I have been amazed at the sheer amount of information on the web; this week using De.licio.us and Technorati, I am amazed at the organic systems that have developed to organize and retrieve that information.

I am glad to have the articles about Library 2.0 to see what I am learning in terms of possible use in libraries.  Right now, though, I have printed them out and am taking them home to read under the oak tree.  Two hours in front of the screen is enough.  Later.....


No comments: